Duplicating parts cleaning services for OEMs in Ireland
Following business growth and increase in production demands, an OEM wanted reliable parts cleaning services to be replicated in Ireland and requested that a parts cleaning company set-up a small operation near the fab. However, with limited resources, the parts company would struggle to do this at a reasonable cost - which is where Retronix Semiconductor hosting services are able to help.
Case Study: Supporting the duplication of quality parts cleaning services to OEMs in Ireland
A semiconductor OEM and a parts cleaning company had an established business relationship in the United States. The parts cleaning company provided tool and part cleans for capital semiconductor equipment and became an OEM trusted vendor.
Following business growth and increase in production demands, the OEM wanted these reliable and quality services to be replicated for their location in Ireland and requested that the parts cleaning company set-up a small operation near the fab.
With limited resources, the cleaning company was hesitant to establish operations in Ireland. However, they did not want to jeopardize the relationship with the OEM and ultimately lose new business and the opportunity to expand their services internationally.
How would they solve this challenge?
Faced with the prospect of setting up a new entity overseas, the cleaning company needed an affordable solution. Luckily…
Retronix Semiconductor is well-established in Ireland with office, warehouse, and work areas readily accessible and fit for purpose. And with existing HR, admin, and accounts personnel – as well as proximity to the OEM – the Retronix Semiconductor Ireland location was a perfect fit to support the parts cleaning company expansion into Ireland.
We approached the parts cleaning company and worked with them to develop a business hosting agreement that enabled us to remove the obstacles they faced in setting up a local business entity in Ireland. These are the services we have maintained to the parts cleaning company for over 7 years:
- Helped customize the facility to serve as a parts cleaning location
- Set up their equipment while adhering to existing specs
- Connected the parts cleaning company to local trade networks and contractors
- Provided all facilities maintenance and necessary upgrades
- Recruited the technicians and incorporated them as our employees
- Provided accounting, office administration, HR, payroll, and management services
- Provided office space, break areas, and kitchen resources for the on-site technicians
- Managed the day to day activity and tasks of employees
The benefits for the parts cleaning company
The provision of these business hosting services mean that the parts cleaning company are able to satisfy their customer’s service requirements through a low-cost and low-risk solution provided by us. Through Retronix Semiconductor hosting services, companies:
- Don’t have to set up an Irish entity
- Don’t have to find and rent a new facility, or kit it out
- Don’t have to hire an accountant or build out an HR team
- Don’t need to manage their business locally
- Can use us to gain any required work visas for employees
- Can offer services to their customers at a much lower price point
The benefits for the company’s customer – the OEM
The parts cleaning company saves time and money by using Retronix Semiconductor as their local representation and local business presence. These savings are passed on to their OEM customer. This means that the OEM obtains the support they need at a much-reduced cost – without compromising on service quality.
Another advantage is we can copy the service process across all locations, enabled easy expansion for the OEM.
How can this support your business?
If you’re an OEM buying tools or services from vendors who don’t have a local set-up, we can help with:
- Reducing the support costs for these services
- Increasing the availability of support to your tools
If you’re a service vendor, we can help you set-up a local presence near your customers – meaning you can duplicate your services at a lower cost to you and your customers.