To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer role based within Dublin.
- System electrical design for NPI, R&D and prototyping
- New system design standard compliance
- System documentation, testing, installation, commissioning and electrical sub-systems quality of semiconductor processing equipment and scientific research instruments
- Work on active projects – electrical/control module design and documentation
- Work as part of an international development group for a new product introduction
- Electrical module sourcing and product quality
- Commissioning and test programs for new project activities currently in progress
Required Skill Set:
- Electrical/Electronic design documentation and control using electrical CAD packages for system schematics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical/electronic equipment design/manufacturing
- Working knowledge gained through experience of electronic instruments, motor control, sensors, motion control and robotics and component selection and specification
- Electrical/Electronic design experience for CE marking markets and international markets
- Project managing subcontractor build programs as part of a large project environment
- Experience working with mains voltage circuit wiring and power electronics
- Experience with embedded controllers, I/O handling systems and PLC's
- Detailed working knowledge of Technical Construction File requirements to EU & US standards on mechanical machine safety, electrical machine safety and electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Experience of new equipment commissioning and customer sign-off processes
- Experience of software automation of electronic instruments e.g. RS232, Modbus, DeviceNET
- Understanding of Bill of Materials structures
Advantageous Supplementary Skills:
- Experience working in a semiconductor environment
- Plant commissioning experience
- Embedded controller\ PLC programming experience
- Vacuum furnace experience
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Experience on robotic systems
- Experience in stepper motor linear drives
- Experience working in ISO9000 environment
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.