To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Semiconductor Engineer role based within Newport, Cardiff.
This position is a key member of the Engineering team, in charge of improving, sustaining and troubleshooting Photolithography equipment.
- Ownership of a defined equipment toolset - identified as site level tool expert
- Publish and own tool recovery plans for owned tool sets that have been down for > 24 hours
- Provide highly innovative solutions for non-standard equipment issues to enable tool recoveries from issues with very high cost or no obvious solution (even with Vendor support)
- Approve/Critique detailed technical procedures for Equipment PMs/Tool Operation/OCAPS
- Weekly reporting of key tool indices (OEE, Availability, PM KPIs)
- Define / Manage Photo Department budget – Equipment, Chemical spend forecast and tracking to meet planned spend.
- Drive OEE improvement through baseline equipment analysis and improvement projects working with IE, Process, Integration, R&D, Vendors.
- Set-up all scheduled maintenance activities on line through PROMIS TMS
- Lean manufacturing: identifying opportunities to eliminate waste with in multiple toolsets /modules/platforms- operator time, PM extensions, process simplification, qual reduction.
- 6S: take full ownership, drive improvement and set appropriate standards for 6S disciplines on toolset and ancillaries/storage areas.
- Own tool start-up process from purchase to release to Tier 2 for tool installations
- Detailed understanding of facilities requirements for tool groupings
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree/HND in Scientific discipline is preferred.
- Strong training skills and technical familiarity with product and equipment.
- 3 years wafer fab experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to empower and listen to others.
- Detailed knowledge of wafer fab manufacturing equipment and systems
- Familiar with all modern manufacturing concepts such as; JIT, Kaizen, Zero Defects, SPC, TQM and TPM.
- Experienced in driving continuous improvement activities and projects for assigned measurables.
- Highly motivated, results orientated customer service orientated, strong leadership and communication skills.
Experience on following tools for equipment:
- Nikon steppers. FSI Polaris and Tel track (Mk8/Act8). EVG/SUSS Proximity Aligners. Hitachi CD SEM. KLA/AIT defect review. Overlay IVS metrology.
- Employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and stoop kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Typing and Computer work with the ability to lift or move approximately 10 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.