To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Field Service Engineer role based within Leixlip, Ireland.
- Perform onsite equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and service tasks in support of vacuum, abatement and third-party equipment in a variety of applications within the scope of a service contract
- Provide high quality support to customer and ensure compliance to the commitments made within the service contracts/agreements
- Managing the interface with client and OEM control systems and networks encompassing a variety of client products in specific applications
- Coordinates activities with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Technical Certificate or degree level in an Electro/Mechanical or Chemical discipline. Previous experience in an engineering service environment. Preferably from chemical, vacuum or Semiconductor environment.
- Or 4+ years of equivalent experience in relevant technical field such as electronic, mechanical, chemical, gas, refrigeration or basic vacuum. Experience in Field Service and or the Semiconductor industry is preferred. Previous work experience in a site is an advantage
- Must have a positive attitude, be energetic and enthusiastic possess a strong willingness to learn and a commitment to excellence. A self-starter who can set priorities, can demonstrate initiative and the ability to get the job done. Must be capable of exercising good independent judgment. Possess excellent customer interfacing and communication skills
- PC skills to enable equipment and service management systems to be scheduled, interrogated and updated, and to produce concise reports. Able to read engineering drawings and electrical diagrams
- Competent in the use of test equipment including various test meters, hand tools, and power tools. Possess basic computer skills which includes thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- May be required to work in confined or awkward spaces for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance. Will be required to complete training to work at height using approved fall protection equipment. Able to work with breathing apparatus, and physically fit to walk long distances. A medical will be required
- The job will involve working shifts, which will include nights and weekends as and when required
Key Personal Capabilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage own time effectively and interface positively with the customer
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively and safely within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Concern for order, quality and safety
- Customer Service orientation
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Analytical thinking
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.