To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Field Service Engineer role based within Austin, Texas.
- Responsible for customer site preparation consultation, on-site installation, implantation planning, maintenance and repair of Advantest Handler and 93000 Test Systems
- This will include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems
- Install and optimize hardware/software products and configurations at customer sites
- Perform on-site calibration services per Advantest recommended calibration intervals
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve product performance problems
- Perform on-site maintenance and repair services
- Respond to all hardware technical support needs from the assigned accounts
- Solve complex problems related to system uptime or availability
- Strong teamwork and communications with local support team members and management
- Ability to ‘work to completion’ upon short notice which requires working overtime
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds without assistance and be able to bend into machinery without restrictions
- Push or pull up to 200lbs of test equipment and tools using qualified cart or pallet jack
- Transport parts or equipment weighing up to 50lbs (assistance available when lifting item(s) over 50lbs)
- System repair/servicing requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting and occasionally working in unusual positions using full body mobility
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.
- Medical, Dental and Vision healthcare plans available with the best insurance providers in the country
- Life insurance, fully covered by Retronix
- Paid time off
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- Managers located across the globe for direct support almost 24/7