Job Description Summary:
Working as part of the Customer Support team, you will be responsible for the effective on site installation, upgrade, servicing and repair of equipment. This is a hands-on customer interfacing position.
This position will involve travel, sometimes at very short notice. This will primarily based within Dresden or Regensburg.
- Installation and start-up of new equipment or upgrades at customer sites
- Servicing and maintenance of existing equipment including preventative maintenance of equipment in the field
- Carrying out repairs in the field
- Establishing methods and procedures and evaluation of results of tests
- Investigations into faults, failures and other defects
- Preparing of reports, technical notes etc relating to their work
- Liaising with other departments at SPTS as required
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of SPTS products and services
- Maintain good relationships with customers
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Logical - Will need to think logically while under pressure
- Disciplined - Will need to be capable of working alone without assistance or management
- Composed - Will be required to work under the stress of high volume production environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified to degree or HNC in Electronic/Instrumentation or a recognised apprenticeship in a related subject
- Experience within Semiconductor field or similar industries such as medical.
- DCVD experience would be advantageous.