To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Field Service Engineer role based within Veldhoven the Netherlands. The successful candidate will ideally have experience as an Abatement System and Vacuum Pump Technician who will provide electro-mechanical technical support at our customer site and an excellent level of customer service.
Job Description Summary:
Working as a Customer Engineer, you will be responsible for the effective on-site installation, upgrade, servicing and repair of OEM equipment. This is a hands-on customer interfacing position.
- Installation and start-up of new equipment or upgrades at customer sites
- Servicing and maintenance of existing equipment including preventative maintenance of equipment in the field
- Carrying out repairs in the field
- Establishing methods and procedures and evaluation of results of tests
- Investigations into faults, failures and other defects
- Preparing of factual reports, technical notes etc relating to their work
- Liaising with other departments at customer site as required
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of OEM products and services
- Maintain good relationships with customers
- University or formal qualification in a mechanical, electromechanical or an electronics discipline preferred
- Minimum of 2 years field experience in a relevant or related industry, ideally with a strong customer facing basis
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Logical - Will need to think logically while under pressure
- Disciplined - Will need to be capable of working alone without assistance or management
- Composed - Will be required to work under the stress of high volume production environment
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.