To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Global Mobility Specialist role based within Maynooth, Ireland.
- Implement and execute mobility programs and services supporting employee short and long-term transfers, assignments, country entry and international relocation either within Europe or to/from Europe, based on global mobility strategies and guidelines
- Manage a caseload of visa and work permit applications from start to finish, meeting time and quality standards and ensuring full compliance with country legislation
- Act as first point of contact for all mobility enquiries (from e.g HR colleagues, managers, employees, counsel, government agencies and third-party vendors providing immigration, relocation, taxation and mobility support) providing timely follow up and action and ensuring excellent customer service, compliance and data integrity
- Advises managers and employees on mobility policies and practices; gathers and completes required information and applications for processing
- Facilitates immigration status applications and employment authorisation for employees and candidates
- Proposes and communicates relocation packages; answers questions and resolves escalated issues from employees
- Stays current with laws, regulations and procedures governing international mobility and immigration, ensuring Company policies and procedures are compliant and ensuring rapid and effective communication of changes. Identifies any gaps or non-compliance in policies or procedures and proposes implements solutions
- Implements best practice, putting in place processes and checklists to support the effective movement of business travellers and assignee's across the business, expiration and renewal management, and right-to-work compliance
- Support the provision of up to date easily accessible information for HR, managers and assignee's to support frictionless mobility. Provides regular reports to the HRD and Senior Management team on mobility issues
- Develop good relationships with HR colleagues, assignee's, suppliers etc
- Undertakes other duties and projects commensurate with skills and experience as required
Skills and Experience:
- Graduate or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience of immigration and global mobility in an international company with an extensive mobility programme within and outside Europe
- Excellent understanding of the assignee life cycle, social security, tax, immigration, relocation, assignment package development, reporting requirements in different jurisdictions
- Experience of working on his/her own initiative and as part of a virtual mobility team and within a broader international HR team, with international external partners
- Must speak excellent English: another European foreign language and/or Japanese would be an advantage
- International mindset and cultural sensitivity. Ideally, experience of working in a Japanese company environment
- Attitude to proactively manage risks and improvement opportunities
- Excellent organization and case management skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office and ideally Workday
- Able to prioritise, multi task and work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to translate requirements to action
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.