To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix Semiconductor is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Metal Deposition Process Engineering role based in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Materials Science, Physics or other relevant engineering discipline with 3-5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
B.S. + 3-5 yrs direct experience
M.S. + 1-3 yrs direct experience
No Degree + 7-12 yrs in Semiconductor Maintenance or Process Tech with at least 4 yrs in ENDURA Maint/Process Tech
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Highly energetic and self motivated
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and deliver results
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities to meet business needs
- Experience with application of structured problem solving methodology
- Experience with Design of Experiments
- Experience with automated fault detection and control systems (FDC)
- Strong SPC knowledge
- Manage a fleet of metal sputter deposition, rapid thermal processing and wafer sorting tools in a high-volume manufacturing plant
- Tools include: AMAT Endura 5500, AG8108/8801, IOC and Nadatech
- Drive continuous improvement of process capability and controls
- Collaborate with other functions to solve complex problems and make appropriate engineering based decisions in a complex manufacturing environment
- Work across organizations to achieve process improvements
- Drive overall equipment performance to meet company KPI's
- Resolve process excursions and drive permanent Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA)
- Work with minimal supervision, balancing competing priorities, to serve the needs of the factory
- Develop and implement new procedures and modify existing procedures to increase capacity, lower cost, and improve defect / yield performance
- Understand the wafer manufacturing process to adequately disposition non-conforming product in-line and end-of-line
- Resolve unplanned down events and drive permanent Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA)
- Work with the Custom Foundry department on developing tool recipes or characterizing films
Job duties are often performed in confined area in a clean room environment, in
awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.
- Medical, Dental and Vision healthcare plans available with the best insurance providers in the country
- Life insurance, fully covered by Retronix
- Paid time off
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- If travel is required, everything is covered, including airfare, hotel, car, gas, laundry, phone and daily per diem
- Managers located across the globe for direct support almost 24/7
- Pay is DOE, commiserate with experience