To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for a seasoned Process Engineer role based within Newport, Cardiff. )
This position is a key member of the Engineering team, in charge of improving, sustaining and troubleshooting Photolithography equipment.The successful candidate should have experience of wafer fab photolithography including Stepper, Track, CD SEM / Overlay metrology.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Ownership of a defined process or equipment toolset
- Driving OEE improvement through baseline equipment analysis and improvement projects working with Industrial Engineering, Process, Integration, R&D, Vendors.
- Monitoring tool/process instability and developing action plans to reduce any long-term stability issues.
- Monitoring CpK and ownership of process control improvement plans for a defined area.
- Lean manufacturing: identifying opportunities to eliminate waste within own toolset/process- operator time, process simplification, qualification optimisation
- Reporting of scrap/rework and ownership of scrap/rework reduction plans
- Take ownership for driving actions and progress of related yield excursions on associated process. Being the focal point and managing updates on associated scrap incidents.
- Supporting all activity for technology transfer within area of expertise.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree/HND in Scientific/Engineering discipline is preferred.
- Strong training skills and technical familiarity with product and processes.
- 3 years plus wafer fab experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to empower and listen to others.
- Detailed knowledge of wafer fab manufacturing processes and systems
- Familiar with all modern manufacturing concepts such as; JIT, Kaizen, Zero Defects, SPC, TQM and TPM.
- Experienced in driving continuous improvement activities and projects for assigned measurables.
- Highly motivated, results orientated customer service orientated, strong leadership and communication skills.
Experience on following tools for equipment:
Nikon steppers. FSI Polaris and Tel track (Mk8/Act8), Hitachi CD SEM. KLA/AIT defect review. Overlay IVS metrology.
- Employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and stoop kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Typing and Computer work with the ability to lift or move approximately 10 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.