To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for a Safety Coordinator Role.
Perform a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical and professional work in analyzing and administering various components of the environmental, health and safety programs during installation and sustaining activities. Participates and implements key safety programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor health and safety policies, programs and procedures. Respond to employee’s safety concerns.
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels.
- Investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to personnel, contractor and/or visitors to the appropriate personnel.
- Investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to appropriate senior staff.
- Conduct, as necessary, the safety inspection of any facility where personnel are present.
- Attend all safety meetings pertaining the safety of any personnel.
- Assist in the development of the installation site safety plan and manage the upkeep of those documents.
- Coordinate on-site customer specific safety training.
- Conduct weekly safety audits and submit reports to appropriate personnel.
- Arrange for health and safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies and consultants as may be necessary.
- Act as liaison with all related customer personnel and key contracted personnel.
- Coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures.
- Develop, review and update appropriate sections of the Site Safety Plan.
- Liaise with the customer regarding emergency procedures, communications and safety education programs.
- Effectively be able analyze various working situations and effectively perform a risk assessment and implement measures to mitigate those risks. Issue hot work and confined space permits.
- Travel up to 90%, domestic & international.
Associates’ degree in a technical discipline or equivalent education is preferred. Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an AMHS cleanroom environment. Minimum of one year of training experience and 1-2 years of management experience is required. Previous experience in administration, implementation and development of environmental, safety and health programs is preferred. OSHA Certified, Understanding of electro/mechanical equipment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Communication and problem-solving skills. Self-motivated, adaptable to change and flexible regarding work schedule. Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner. Strong operational leadership and customer/contractor management skills. Travel up to 90% domestic & international.