To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Field Service Engineer role based within Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures or malfunctions by telephone (or on-site when needed) with on-site field personnel or customers and intercedes between customer/field engineer and factory to resolve escalated equipment problems and ensures adherence to established escalation procedures
- Provides technical information and assistance regarding new systems or changes/modifications to existing systems
- Coordinates and approves Field Change Notices (FCN), no-charge delivery requests (NCDR) and Orbit requests to Japan as necessary
- Coordinates activities with materials management concerning parts availability, expected replacement intervals, and shipments to and from the factory (Japan)
- Maintains communication regarding technical support activities through meetings, reports, documentation or other means as required
- Performs SMBWA and completes reports as required
- Remains current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials
- Develops and maintains action-item tracking list for resolving long-term equipment performance and reliability issues
- Advises factory-engineering group on details of customer facility requirements including clean room configuration, local regulations and customer-specific issues
- Provides technical support and assistance to customer facilities engineering group for preparation of equipment installation
- Consults with customers, field personnel and factory engineering to identify and resolve recurring equipment failures, malfunctions or areas for improvement
- Assists internal sales and marketing staff as well as customers to identify new standards, processes, manufacturing techniques, and new technologies in order to direct factory on future market requirements
- Provides on-site Field Engineer training on current and new product technology
- Provides Technical presentations as required for customers and the field service team as needed
- Coordinating site-specific improvement plans
- Be an active participant in any availability, utilization, PM reduction, BKM generation projects and safety issues which will positively affect the overall quality and uptime metrics
- Maintain and advise finger print documents as the owner and internally make sure that engineers are using the correct version of the document
- Able to travel 20 - 30% and will perform other duties as assigned
- Requires 4+ years of field service/start-up experience
- Minimum AAS electronics degree
- Mechanical aptitude is required as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Thorough understanding of technical issues involving the maintenance, repair and/or installation of company equipment and company procedures are required
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to TEL factory, training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Device Manufacturers and Equipment Trading companies in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.
- Medical, Dental and Vision healthcare plans available with the best insurance providers in the country
- Life insurance, fully covered by Retronix
- Paid time off
- Bi-weekly paychecks
- Streamlines onboarding and continued support with training
- Managers located across the globe for direct support almost 24/7