To support our ongoing hiring demands, Retronix is seeking an outstanding individual for an Entry Level PM Technician for semiconductor equipment parts to be based in Hillsboro.
The candidate will be responsible for rebuilding and qualifying precision pneumatic/mechanical devices used in machines for semiconductor chip manufacturing. This position requires extreme attention to detail and consistency in the work done. The subassemblies are highly precise and have some fragility which will require a delicate touch and adherence to written procedures. If you have these capabilities, and are interested in becoming part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Good problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Ability to develop working relationships with other people and work in a team
- Multitasking and ability to use various tools and measurement equipment is mandatory
- Good verbal and written communication skills are also a must
- Must be flexible, a self-starter and able to achieve desired results in a dynamic team environment
- Follow detailed procedures to the letter when performing tasks
- Use measurement tools such as
- Torque screwdrivers
- Interact with polisher software GUI
- Removal and replacement of pads ensuring proper endpoint window position.
- Pad conditioner disk replacement and testing of downforce
- Drain flush with high pH chemicals using proper PPE
- Internal polisher wipe down using proper PPE
- Strict adherence to precise record keeping
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Ability to use the tools listed above or need minimal training to do so
- Willingness to follow procedures to the letter
- At least three years’ experience in reputative assembly building, re-building, and/or repair of precision mechanical devices.
- Machine-shop/tool builder experience is a plus
- Mechanic experience is also advantageous
- Semi-retired/retired machinists who can work for extended periods seated at a workbench are encouraged to apply
- An Associates degree in a technical capacity such as HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, fields or BMET is a plus but not required
- Computer literacy (MS Office, etc.)
- Some, if not all, tasks performed require repetitive motion to an extent
- Some of the work involves wearing safety equipment including but not limited safety glasses and PPE.
- Work is performed in a Clean room environment
- Work may be performed at a seated or standing position
- Operation of automated test machinery is required
- Must be able to lift and manoeuvre devices weighing up to 25 lbs at arm’s length
- Shifts are 12 hours, on a compressed work week lasting 3-4 days alternating.
- Days 7am-7pm
- Nights 7pm-7am
Why work with Retronix Semiconductor?
Retronix Semiconductor is a leading provider of support services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), Microchip Device Manufacturers and Equipment Brokers in the Semiconductor industry. Our culture of service delivery is achieved through evolving and developing our services to meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
Retronix is your gateway to a career within the ever-expanding Semiconductor industry. Working with Retronix is an excellent way to gain relevant experience at some of the biggest brand names in the semiconductor industry. With clients worldwide, you could have the opportunity to travel around Asia, Europe and the USA with all expenses covered.
- Medical, Dental and Vision healthcare plans available with the best insurance providers in the country
- Life insurance, fully covered by Retronix
- Paid time off
- Bi-weekly paychecks